Saturday, December 10, 2011

Guess what...I'm back! A whole month later!

Well hello there friends! That is if I haven't lost all of you in the last month for which my blogging efforts have been non-existent. Now, coming from the girl who hates more than many things--excuses, I really don't want this be considered an "excuse" or anything silly like that as to why my posts have been MIA--but when I say A LOT has gone down in the last month, that is NOT an exaggeration.

 HOWEVER, as I do have 2 blogs, one which is more about my personal life (and if you are interested in entering the land of craziness, silliness, and in my opinion quite entertaining to read if I weren't me..then you are more than welcome to hop right over to: Happy Cakes and Cheese Pockets; but don't say I didn't warn you) and one blog (which would be the one that you're reading now) is supposed to be focused more on what's shakin' at The Tickled Tutu--there are at times obviously overlaps as I am only one person living one life, so some of the funny times, are too good not to be shared in two locations. Anyway, moving forward; let's go back to my last post and move forward from there, shall we? Yes? Great! Hold on to your seats fun friends, here we go!
The Tickled Tutu, as I've mentioned before has times throughout the year where I tend to not have finger tips due to the high volume of merchandise being purchased, made, packaged and mailed and then those times in which I just stare at my display of tulle and wonder, "will toady be the last day of my enjoyment being a business owner?" Well needless to say, I haven't had even the TIME to sit and wonder ANYTHING more than, "Did I run out of elastic AGAIN! How in the world has this happened again?!? #*T& KRISTEN GET IT TOGETHER!!" Thank the good Lord above that Wal-Mart is a wonderful (cringe--that truly hurt in a physical way to call Wal-Mart "wonderful") place that is open 24/7, and saves me from lack-of-elastic crises often. However, as with all night time Wal-Mart outings, you must review the "Going to Wal-Mart after the hours of 10pm alone checklist", and if every single box cannot be checked, then consider the Wal-Mart trip on hold until daytime, in which other more preferable stores are open, so problem solved, wonderful and great. A sneak peak into the checklist: 1. Do you have enough gas in the car to outlast a high speed chase from a man that spoke to you in Walmart and decided to follow you outside to the parking lot and ask if you want to join him at the local bar, to which you reply no thank you strange weirdo. (I wish I was joking you guys, but I'm not. This really did happen..Twice.) 2. Have you taken off your cute outfit of the day and put on the old sweatpants, perhaps add a layered look with the top layer reflecting a stain of whatever your 2 year old threw at you on the particular day--this tends to deter anyone who may think talking to you would be a good idea. 3. Have enough strength in you to be able to hold many conversations with yourself while in Wal-Mart, which will usually clear out an isle and you will have the freedom to look at whatever merchandise you need in peace and quite. And those are just the top 3 bullet points on the list of 12 that need to be reviewed prior to a late night trip to the big WM.
But sometimes, and actually often, I have clients experiencing a tutu crisis in which they need a outfit in 2 days and they might as well live in Africa because rarely do my local clients find themselves in this timing predicament (way to go Denver-Metro TT lovers!). 

So within the last month, I have counted 6 customers purchasing merchandise in which the Africa situation applies. Well let me tell you; this tutu maker is always up to a challenge and I'll be damned the mission is not complete within the given time period. End of story. Come hell or high water, all 6 outfits were not only successfully delivered within the impossible time period given, but were probably some of the cutest creations to have been made by The Tickled Tutu as of yet! *patting my own back, yes I know.

Anyhow, as I mentioned before, you are more than welcome to check out my personal blog if you're interested in the very long list of other things going on in my personal life (which inevitably overlaps with The Tickled Tutu) that have been interesting to work with and around while trying to maintain a profitable business and enjoy getting to know additional and new Tickled Tutu customers. As of now, all Christmas orders from The Tickled Tutu have come to a cease; as my family and I will be leaving in just a matter of a few short days for the sunny beaches in Mexico. Although we will be returning prior to Santa's arrival, there simply won't be enough time to create and ship Christmas merchandise to anyone and have the package reach its destination in time for Christmas Day. A HUGE thank you to everyone who purchased Christmas TT merchandise this year; we had a successful December thanks to all of you and especially to our returning customers--wow, A HUGE thank you to you guys as well!! Nothing feels better than having a previous customer come back for more; it's like getting a high five from...well..hmmm....someone really cool in business :).
One very fun Tickled Tutu Customer/Model! : )
Proving that tutus are not only for kids!
Merry Christmas to you all and The Tickled Tutu will be back and better than ever by Wednesday, December 21st. (And yes, that is prior to Christmas, but like I said--we will not be accepting any further Christmas orders until next year!)
The above client's wonderful daughter and awesome Tickled Tutu model!!
XOXOXO
TT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the fun at www.thetickledtutu.com!