Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Taking Time To Catch Up!

Hi Everyone! Time for me to make my apologies for not keeping my blog as up to date as I'd like to. I could sit here at write every excuse in the book regarding why this is; but I'll spare you and just move right along.

So this last Saturday The Tickled Tutu participated in the Highland Ranch Fall/Holiday Craft fair and it was SO super fun. I know that I say I enjoy each craft show after they are all said and done, but let me inform you of a little secret....I think I might have been fibbing the last few times. I really honestly had an awesome time at Saturday's show! I had the pleasure of meeting a few of my Facebook followers/fans--whatever you want to call these lovely people; and that was super cool. I always love to meet people in person whom I've been communicating with via email or whatever the method of convo may be--so to you guys that came to visit, thank you and it was so fun for me to meet you!!

Typically before craft shows, I am a huge stress mess for about a month leading up to the event. I know this is unnecessary and so very silly, because when the actual day of the show happens and then ends, I'm always driving back home thinking "WOW. That was so fun and I wasted so much time worrying over ridiculous things!" That is one of the reasons that I decided not to sign up for this particular craft show until there only 2 weeks left leading up to the event (see how I just tricked you into thinking I intentionally waited; for my own health benefit of course--when actually I just simply procrastinated until the very last minute to register, thank you late fees, we have come to be great friends...) and thus I was only a nutcase for 2 weeks. So my husband only had to live with crazy(er) Kristen for 14 days before this event; which I think was probably good for my marriage and sanity of Chris.

So anyway, as I mentioned, I had a blast on Saturday (I won't get into how I learned that I had a staph infection in my foot simply 7 hours prior to the event as I sat in the urgent care office..you can check out my personal blog for those exciting details if you wish) and was so lucky to have had my booth placed around such fun crafters. I have always noticed that the people surrounding your booth can either make or break your day, depending on how well or not well we all may mesh. On Saturday, I was surrounded by such fun people that I actually probably spent more time chatting up my neighbors than focusing on selling tutus (my bad, but really, it was totally worth it), which made the day so light and fun--not to mention fly by super fast (which in this circumstance was a good thing because of prior noted staph infection...). On Wednesday of this week, one of my new crafting friends who had the booth behind mine is actually coming over to my house to talk craft business and share tips and tricks---I'm super stoked :).

Having all of that said, I'm now trying to get organized, which I feel is an ongoing task here but I am determined to get things in order before I bankrupt myself buying multiple supplies due to the fact that I simply cannot find the previous purchases....grrr...

I hope you are all enjoying this time of year; with the holidays quickly approaching please keep The Tickled Tutu in mind for any of your holiday gift needs!!

I will leave you with a photo of my craft fair prep and hopefully add a few more pics on Wednesday ( I do believe my new craft fair friend may have taken a picture of my booth--something I always mean to do but never actually get around to doing...), and if so I will post those as well :).
Today and tomorrow I will be putting together a new Tickled Tutu tutorial guide, with tips and tricks on making bows of all kinds, how to make your tutus fluffy and fun, as well as information regarding starting up your own LLC and what the process was like for me when I opened up The Tickled Tutu, LLC back in November of 2009--so watch for those on my website if you're interested!!

Need the perfect stocking stuffer for the golf enthusiast in your life!? Check out this website; Golf Ball Talk! The owner was on of my craft fair booth neighbors over the weekend too :).

http://www.golfballtalk.com/golf_balls.php



Have a fantastic week!


XOXO Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the fun at www.thetickledtutu.com!